Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankful

I am back from my holiday travels! There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed! We had a fab Thanksgiving! Spent from Wed to Sat with my daughter, her hubby, and his parents - it was great! Oh, and my niece was there too! I was able to finish my current pair of "travel" socks. I always have a pair of socks to work on while traveling - they are small, can fit in purse for carry on items and I have the pattern memorized - it's perfect. I packed the dress I am knitting for my daughter - figured I could make good time on that project, but knitting around a houseful of muggles does not make for good knitting....so not much was done. and then - when i was knitting a bit - the stupid freakin yarn had a knot in it. This is not the first time that an expensive ball of yarn has had a knot in it. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? So, not a huge deal, i cut the offending knot, joined in and contiued on my marry way, but then in the row above, it was this crappy gap, so i tacked down the ends, but then it really sucked - so i tinked back to start over at the join, but now there is this funky extra loop, not sure how the heck that happened.. so i am carrying it with me waiting to see when my yarn yenta will stop by my office to help me out of this pickle. I'll post pictures as I have found my camera (in my desk drawer of all places - whatever).

1 comment:

rita said...

I really get pissed off when yarn has a knot in it, especially when it's expensive yarn. I mentioned this to Claudia (she of the Hand Painted Yarns) and she wasn't too understanding. She allows two knots per hank, which I think is excessive, but she says she can't afford to throw all that yarn out.