Tuesday, November 11, 2008

SP 13 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

A: Soft to the touch. It's really hard to say. It seems my favorite is whatever I am knitting at the momment.

1.1. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
A: itchy, scratchy stuff. Colorwise, I don't like neon stuff.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

A: Have you been snooping in my stash closet? It's shameful, I know. I try, really I do. I have some adorable fabric needle holders that I have acquired from past swaps, those are in a basket in my stash closet (straights and DPNs). My circulars in in a canvas hanging thing. each sleeve is mrked with the needle size.. to TRY and keep me organized.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

A: I've been knitting for a few years now. Crocheting since I was probably 5 or 6 yrs old, but I'ts been ages since I've crocheted. I learned at my local yarn shop, KnitWits. I think by now I am an advanced knitter. leaning more towards the intermediate side.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

A: Yes, but it's probably been a year since i've even looked at it. Shame on me - there is a goal for something to get done this year.

5. What's your favorite scent?

A: Wet wool, but nobody else in the family likes it - go figure. Perfume wise? I like John Varvados, Jo Malone, I also like Clinique's Happy, and Calvin Cline's Contradiction.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

A: I am woman hear me roar "give me chocolate" - I like dark chocolate - even better if it's covering almonds.. (allll munds - not ALmunds).

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

A: I do spin, but as far as other crafts, not really. I've made sugar scrubs before and tried homemade soap, that was a total disaster and will not be attempted again in this lifetime.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

A: I like all kinds of music and I have an ipod. and a CD player. Currently in the car is: Carrine Rae Bailey, or is it Bailey Rae??; Big Bad VooDoo Daddy, Chris Issac (he's so dreamy); Diedra Flit (a real hoot, check her out in itunes.. i have shuffle board queen, but need to download more). AC/DC Highway to Hell (ya, see I am all over the place with music).

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

A: not a fan of the neon stuff. I tend to migrate towards the earthy tones, but also deep blues, rich reds, I don't have a "favorite" color.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

A: Married to my highschool sweetie for over 25 years. Two kids - both grown and out of the house. The Girl is married and a college professor - The Boy is in the Army and single. I am taking applications to date him - so if you know a nice girl, i'll send her an application and set up an interview. No pets currently (we shall not talk about my bitching about wanting annother dog and DH saying "no way"

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

A: Scarves - Yes; hats - yes; mittens - yes. ponchos - if I had one, i'd probably wear it. Does anyone wear ponchos??

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

A: Yes. Seriously, whatever I am working on tends to be my favorite. Sometimes I need the instant gratification of a small project, and other times I like the challenge of a larger project (think Interweave Knits, Tilted Duster).

13. What are you knitting right now?

A: 1. A dress out of Interweave Knits, for The Girl; 2. bum gloves for my assistant; 3. Socks for Soldiers BBSs (always have SFS on the needles); and 4. always have a pair of "regular" socks on the needles.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

A: yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

A: I prefer circulars. Using straights feels like rowing a boat, except DPNs - i guess 'cause they are so much shorter.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

A: Yes, almost mandatory for spinners.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

A: about a year ago I cast on a sweater, decided i did not want to knit it on straights and there it sits.. i've not frogged it back, so technically those 2 rows are a UFO.

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?

A: Besides my B-day, which Hallmark has yet to acknowledge as a national holiday? Thanksgiving is my all time favorite holiday. We observe Christmas.. as much as it saddens me how commercial it has become and for most has lost it's biblical significants (why are the stores already dispalying Christmas stuff? Let's get a bit closer to Thanksgiving please.. ARRGGG).

19. Is there anything that you collect?

A: the obvious of yarn & fiber - the newest is 1.25 magnifying "readers" for my poor eyes. I have pairs all over and never where I need them. Why is that?

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

A: check out my ravely thingy. I did a pretty good job of logging in most of my books. I susbcribe to Interweave Knits, Spin Off and Wild Fibers magazines.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

A: two socks on 2 circulars, but honestly, I think i'd hurt myself.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

A: Yes. I wear a size 6.5 woman's shoe (US). I'd have to measure my foot for more accuracy.

23. When is your birthday?

A: May 7

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

A: BrookeKnits

No comments: