Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Hogwarts Questionnaire

OK, so this is too late to earn house points, but I think my pal would appreciate the answers:

1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into? I am proud to say I am a Hufflepuff.

2. List your favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length. Or would you prefer circulars? Ohhhh, this is hard. I like needles for the project I am using them for. Since I do Socks for Soldiers - they require a tiny size 1 DPN - I like bamboo for that. For larger projects I like circulars - straights tend to feel like I am rowing a boat or something. EXCEPT that I purchased a size 15 circ for a stole I think I can get done before my daughter's wedding on the 22 (yes of THIS month), the kink in the cable was giving me fits, so i am back on straights - again bamboo.

3. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length? I am always game for something new. I have enjoyed knitting with some lace needles, extra sharp points and miss them on the stole I am doing now, so my only "suggestion" for something would be circs with nice sharp points.

4. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference? I am a Huffflepuff, but why are the housecolors different from movie to book?? I did not notice that.. Bad little wizard that I am.

5. Do you have any allergies? No, but I do prefer "smoke free" - i had this horrid cough for over a year, medical tests up the waaaazooo, no determination, but i am very sensitive to smoke.

6. If you are swapping scarves - what is your desired length for the pattern? This will help your partner find the pattern that is just right for you and buy yarn accordingly. OK, seriously, I need to go back and read the rules. I am not sure about the scarf thing, but just to be safe, let's say that I am vertically challenged (5'0"), but I like longer scarves..

OK, swap buddy - I hope this helps.. it probably adds more questions. I wish I had been in town and posted this more timely. I'll do better next time.

No comments: