1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
REPLY: Ohh, this is hard. I am pretty open to lots of fibers/yarns. There are very few I do not like - or have met and said "ohh yukky"
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have several ways of storage! I have two lovely fabric needle cases from previous swaps - one (from Japan) holds my small DPN, the other holds most of my "normal" needles. I have a very cool gizmo that hangs in my stash closet, that holds my circular needles. Mis-match needles are in a basket in my stash closet.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I'm gonna guess about 3 years for knitting and learned to crochet when I was about 7 yrs old. (i'm in my 40s now). How I learned: I went into my LYS and said "teach me"
3.1. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I'm gonna guess intermediate/advanced. What's the bar here?? I can cable, I do socks, I've made a sweater.....
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, and to be honest, my Amazon list is probably very outdated... shame..
5. What's your favorite scent? wet sheep.. LOL.. oh, that's not what you meant my that?? odd. I like lots of smells.. right now I have this amazing Lush soap in the shower - lemon scent.. deeeeeelishh! I have some Jo Malone perfumes that are to die for..those lines are fruity, grapefruit, honey and other stuff.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Well, ya' - I have a thing for chocolate covered almonds. (alll-munds - not auwl-munds) - live chocolate/peanut butter cups; not fond of coconut.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I knit, of course. I do spin - I have two wheels - an Ashford Traveler and Joy - I know how to crochet, but have not done so in many years. I have a boat load of stampin stuff, but have not done that crafty thing in ages. My last crafy adventure outside of fiberland was making body scrubs and bath salts.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) This will drive my pal nuts - I listen to everything from AC/DC to big band/swing stuff. I don't get into the heavy metal or serious punk stuff and I don't really get opera.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I guess I lean towards the earthy tones.... in the yarn world I am not a big fan of neon or crrazy stuff like that. It really depends on the project or location of color.. i may use a color in a throw pillow in the living room that I would not be found dead wearing... so I guess it depends.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Sheez, this is a good one. I am married - two grown kids - both out of the house and doing there own thing.. The Boy is in the Army and The Girl is a Professor - teaching economics... ya - smarter than her mama.....I had a dog, Lucy, but we had to put her down a few weeks ago - bone cancer.. it sucks... I am beggging like a 12 year old to get another dog. This time something small - a Yorkie - perhaps, so if it has to have a leg amputated, or carried 'cause it's so freakin' sick.. i can, without hurting myback..
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves - yes. It snows sometimes in the winter were I live.. yes to hats, yes to mittens. I had a store poncho and wore it a few times... but gave it away.. i'd wear a poncho if I had a cool one.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? things that bring joy to the person receiving the knitted item. I knit socks for me - I've only given one pair way (Heather got a pair of "drunken socks") and I knit for Socks for Soldiers. I had fun knitting my daughter a lacey thong!! I just enjoy knitting.. so, I don't have a favorite "item" per se - I enjoy the process of the project - thinking about the person who will one day wear it.
13. What are you knitting right now? A pair of black socks for Socks for Soldiers, I cabled knitted bag, I have several abandoned projects tooo - still on the needles, but not actively being worked on. booo hooo.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? well, ya. duh!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I have better luck with metal circulars - Audi turbo - good join, less chance of misplacing a pointy stick..
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? yes to both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? It's possible that hte oldest UFO is a sweater....I love the yarn, love the pattern, but i've made some mistakes on it... a row with about 5" of purls that should have been knits... said to self "Self, no one will notice - knit on" Well, now the mistake bugs me.. I'ts headed to the frog pond.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Hands down, Thanksgiving. No so much 'cause of the food, but because of the people.. more family can make Thanksgiving than Christmas - and it 's usually at my house!
19. Is there anything that you collect? Sadly, after my last eye exam - it is 1.25% magnifyer reading glasses! The funkier the better. I have one pair - brown with pink polka dots... very cute, another pair that is plain and clear.. The Dr. said to get lots and have them everyplace around the house.. no kidding, in the knitting bag, by the spinning wheeels.. in my purse, very enough pairs!!
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have a subscription to Interweave Knits and Wild Fiber magazines. I have all the Harlot books... I can't think of any I am dying to get my hands on, there is probably a lot out there I don't know about.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Ruth, owner of The Dizzy Ewe, came and gave several classes to our local spinning guild (check her out on the web - google Dizzy Ewe). She did a class on plying - the cabling portion was interesting. I want to do more of that.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes. I knit socks. My foot is about 9" long from heal to toe. I wear a 6.5 shoe (US size).
23. When is your birthday? May 7
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Yes, "BrookeKnits" - could be a space between Brooke and Knits.
Well, that appears to be the end of the pop quiz.... happy reading....I can't wait until pals are assigned...