Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I can't think of too much I don't like. I guess some of the "novelty" yarn is on the lower end of my list.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Oh, I wish I had my camera. I have some fabic needle cases that were sent as gifts from prior SP buddies. and I just got a needle case for my circulars that hangs in the closet. You slide the circ thru the do-dah. I'll take a pic and post it later.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for about 2 years I think. I learned from Devvy, the owner of KnitWits, my local knitting shop. I think I am an intermediate knitter now.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes. I have an Amazon list, that has been terribly neglected. I will make a point of checking it out and making sure it is updated.

5. What's your favorite scent? Oh gezz, this is a test, hu? What don't I like?? I have some lemon body scrub that is yummy, some bath and body works stuff in pear and someother in brown sugar and vanilla?? It's all good.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes, I have a sweet tooth. My all time fav chocolate is LUntz chocolates. I find them at Cost Plus World Market (one of my favorite retail stores). They are round balls of chocolately goodness.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I crochet, but have not in a long time. Yes, I spin. I have a roving stash and two wheels - an Ashford Traveler and a Joy. I have a drop spindle, but don't know how to use it. LOL.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I am all over the place when it comes to music. Chris Issac, Amy Winehouse, my mind is blank. Kate Earl... Big Bad VooDoo Daddy, Room Full of Blues.


9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I like all colors. I don't think I look good in yellow - it washes me out. At least if the yellow is near my face. I have a fair complexion and I color my hair (highlights), I guess those florescent colors are a bit over the top. I gravitate toward earthy colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Very happily married. Two kids, both out of the house. One dog, who has bone cancer and was given about 6 months to live, that was about 3 months ago. Just me and wonder husband.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, Yes, Yes. It gets cold here in the winter. We often get snow. Hats, mittens ponchos and scarves - Y OU BET.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I finally got over the sock phobia thing I had - I am signed up with socks for soldiers - and I love to wear hand knit socks... so It seems like I always have a sock going. Favorite to knit?? I guess now that I "get" knitting. I like projects that offer a challenge, but not too crazy. I'll nver knit a car cozy - I am doing MS3, which is my first large "real" lace project. I am liking lace.

13. What are you knitting right now? So many: 1. Lacy thong for daughter (first one was a smidge too small, ARRGGGG); socks for me; socks for soldier - big black socks; MS 3 lace stole; and ...... something else, i can't recall. Ohhh, finishing work on needle case. felted, just need to sew on the tie thing.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? You bet your wooly little hand knit socks I do.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Depends on the project. I do tend to use circulars even on a project that calls for straights.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes to both. I even have a home-made PVC niddy noddy - 2 of them!!

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Technically, it is over a year old, but I took the stitches I had off hte needles, so now it can't be a UFO.. its a "project/kit" waiting to be cast on (again). See how I am?? LOL.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Hands down - Thanksgiving. Love to have the family around, very casual, no expectations and really good food.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Besides yarn, roving and knitting needles?? Pigs collect me! It is not something I set out to collect. My sister always gave me pigs. Long story, can't go into it.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? there is one book... I think it's called "Komonos" or something like that. I heard about it on a podcast. I subscribe to InnterWeave Knits.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? If I have not tried it - I'll give it a go. Bring it on!!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes. My foot is 9" long. I wear a US size 6.5 shoe.

23. When is your birthday? Once a year. Just kidding. May 7. I am a Taurus.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Not yet. I am on the list. About 3,000 names ahead of me.. Boo Hooo.

OK, I hope this helps my SP 11 buddy. I have some pictures in the camera ready to post. I am crazy busy with a conference this weekend. I'lll be more knitting friendly after the 19th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, those Lindt chocolate balls are yummy! What is your favorite filling?

Your SP11 Spoiler