Thursday, August 16, 2007

SP11 Contest (bonus)

My SP11 Hostess if having a contest!! Here it is:

1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without? Well, knitting needles would be hard to live without!! LOL. As far as gadgets go, I think I would be hard pressed without my little Knitter's Companion book. If for nothing else, than the needle sizer page.

2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so, how much and what type of project? YES!! I get "twitchy" If I don't have knitting with me. I had several UFOs that were good for knitting in the car - something t hat was going to be felted - Now I just take whatever I am working on. My last trip, I took my MS3 Stole and a pair of socks. This trip (leaving in a few hours) I will bring the mate to the sock I just finished & probably my Socks For Soldiers sock - just started last night. There is NEVER enough time to knit at conference, but at night, just before bed - it's nice to "unwind" by knitting.

3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot? Back home!! Seriously, I love the ocean - the coast. So, my favorite destinations in the last few months would have to be southern california. I adore the Carmel/Monterey area too.

4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it? I have been drooling over the Fall Interweave Knits magazine (i have a subscription) and I just got Charmed Knits - Harry Potter inspired designs. I'll probably make some socks out of that book. I'd love to get the new book Knit Kimono (??). I heard about it on the pod cast "Lime and Violet" it sounds interesting.

5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)? Yes. I listen to several. Lime & Violet; It's a Purl, Man; Stash and Burn; Ready Set Knit; The Mosh Knit. A favorite?? That's hard.... I like Ready Set Knit, 'cause they are short. L&V are funny, but they ramble and sometimes I fall asleep before the podcast is over (sigh). I like Its A Purl, Man - 'cause it's a guy.

OK. there is my answers to the contest. I have a good feeling about SP11. Now if I can get though it without "accidentally" deleting my blog (like I did to my old blog), it will all be A-OK!!

2 comments:

Kim in NJ said...

Hi Brooke!

Great to hear from you, and how interesting that you are doing the MS3 also! So, I have to ask you---are you winging or not winging? I am a bit behind with it (trying to finish clue 4), which actually gave me a chance to decide---I'm not winging. Although I'm also resisting the symmetrical version. So, I think I'm going to try something completely different! I'm definitely inserting a lifeline, though, in case it doesn't work :-). I guess we'll see how it goes!

Best,

Heather said...

hey girlie!
how was sac?

tell amanda i am so sorry i spaced stopping by til we were at spin night. then ran back up.
got the papers though!