Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Don't Forget

I rec'd an email today, which contained a Non Sequitor cartoon. The cartoon would not cut and paste into this post, so imagine if you will - this: Little girl sitting on park bench next to older man, who is reading the paper. She says something like "Geez, mister - that's a boreing tattoo, it's just a bunch of numbers." He says "I got it when I was about your age to remind me." She says "of happier times?" He says "No, when the world went mad" - then in the next panel she has her knees drawn in and i tear comes down her cheek..... then:

Please read the little cartoon carefully, it's powerful. Then read the comments at the end, and please - forward it!

We cannot, we must not, ever forget what happened in Europe over 60 years ago, because it could happen again. Anyone, any group, could be the target. It has been said that those who refuse to study history are doomed to repeat it. In this case, those who are attempting to rewrite history are probably planning to repeat it! The hatred is already there, in place, taught to the children from infancy, with promises of glory and honor to those who carry out the plans. Forewarned is forearmed, and I'm doing my small part by forwarding this message. I hope you'll do the same.

In Memoriam

It is now more than 60 years after the Second World War in Europe ended. This e-mail is being sent as a memorial chain, in memory of the six million Jews, 20 million Russians, 10 million Christians and 1,900 Catholic priests who were murdered, massacred, raped, burned, starved and humiliated .

Now, more than ever, with Iran , among others, claiming the Holocaust to be "a myth," it is imperative to make sure the world never forgets.

I can't imagine someone being so ignorant that they think the Holocaust is a myth or that it just did not happen - amazing. Please share, and if you have a tip for how to cut/paste the cartoon into my blog, let me know.

No comments: