Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Love My Hat


How adorable is this? My "hate-fest" is over! I went to my LYS yesterday and whinned shamelessly about how the hat did not cover my earlobe....(they were kind enough not to point out that I had been told that by following the directions to the "t", the hat would NOT cover my earlobes. They were also kind enough to not remind me that I actually tried on the sample hat, made EXACTLY as the directions stated and it did in fact, not cover my lobes...but I digress). Someone had the BRILLIANT idea of adding a little crochet boarder around the bottom (see it?) and TAAAA-DAAAA my earlobes are now very toasty warm when the hat is on my head. I would have taken a self portrait, but did not want to mess the hairdo with hat head... The yarn is Debblie Bliss' Cashmereino - sinfully soft. I am sure when I wear this in public, Knitters and non-knitters alike will rush to me to feel the softness of this hat..... or not.....but they should. On the other knitting front - I am very excited that: 1. I am almost done with the first sleeve on my Tilted Duster.. Yippee for me... and that tomorrow my friend heather and I start our KAL... a pair of fingerless mits (bum gloves, as my daughter calls them). Purchased some lovely roytal blue kid mohair last night at Knit Wits (the LYS) to go with the yarn I purchased last week.. a sock weight yarn in browns and beige.. the blue really POPS in the contrst.. Heather and I agreed, we'd both cast on on the first....

1 comment:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Fingerless mitts?!? Hmmm... still haven't had the courage to try the gloves! Want to... just not sure where to begin... pattern... yarn... courage... And I absolutely LOVE the hat! I remembered how easy cables are and so now I'm envious to try that pattern! Wherever did you find it?!?