Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Well, 2008 has started off on an interesting note. We lost power on Friday, Jan 4 in the morning. We did not get power at work until yesterday, Jan. 8th. Brrrrrrr. Thankfully - we got power at home at some point late Saturday night or early Sunday morning... Now to play catch up at work!!

Knitting news: I am in my 3rd repeat of the Tilted Duster sweater (Interweave Knits pattern, done in Peruvia yarn in a brown/grey color, not sure of the name. I have socks on the needles, of course, and still plinkin' away on my sweater/wrap. I'll try to get some pictures posted soon.

I signed up for the Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap4. This is my second year and I have been assigned to the Hufflepuff House again.

Spinning News: Some members of the guild will be at a 4-H event on Saturday, Food Fiesta, to demonstrate spinning and perhaps get some kids interested in spinning and also fiber animals. Wouldn't it be nice to have a 4-H project animal that you could take to the fair and not get slaughtered??

OK, gots to run - the weather has been cold and Lucy the dog is inside today. must go home and let her out to potty. Doggie cancer update: The scare we had on 12/26 was all for not. No new cancer, just some holiday stress on her leg and some inflamation. She was an active girl getting lovies from all our house guests. So, thank goodness she is ok.

Knit on, until next time.

No comments: