Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hush Hush Handspun Hootinanny Swap Questionnaire

1. How long have you been spinning? What skill level do you consider yourself? I have been spinning for about 2 years. I think I am an advanced beginner - heading towards intermediate.

2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)? I am stuck spinning lacey singles - I don't trust them on their own - so I double and 3 ply - just started cabling.

3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)? I have an Ashford Joy and Traveler. Mostly the Joy. I have a navajo spindle I am trying to learn with.

4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with? Anything you don't like? I love the softness of alpaca and silk.

5. Who are your favorite crack dealers fiber sources (etsy or otherwise)? My 3 "dealers" are The Dizzy Ewe (my primary source); my local yarn shop, Knit Wits, or from the animal itself.

6. What kind of fiber do you want to try? Quivic - soy - crazy stuff like that.

7. Is there any techniques you would like to learn? I'd love to be able to spin bulky again.


8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn? I did once. Ruth, of The Dizzy Ewe did a class "graduated shades from a single pot" fun fun fun.

9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber? I have no tools (sad), just the wheels.

10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed? I've yet to knit with my own handspun - I 've given it away and added it to the stash.

11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)? Yup.

12. What colors "fall into your shopping basket"? Any colors you just can't stand? I like them all 0 no neon stuff.


13. What is on your wheel/spindle right now? I am getting ready to ply some lovely "orange-ish" merrino/silk - will probably be knit into socks.

14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have? I knit, love to read.

15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about? Knitting -


16. Do you have an online wishlist? Amazon, but it's so outdated, I should answer "no."

17. Is there anything that you collect? besides fiber and yarn?? sadly, 1.25 magnifer glasses for reading and seeing my knitting. the funkier the better.

18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have? I subscribe to Wild Fibers, Interweave Knits, Spin Off - I have lots of books.. I don't think there is any must have pattern right now

19. When is your birthday? May 7

20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality? Ohhhh - hard to say. sometimes i'd have to say Uma Therman in Kill Bill - sounds nasty, hu?? I can get bitchy sometimes... I have to think abou this one.

21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)? We can get in the triple digets here.. it's so smokey from all the fires now.. for the summer, i'd say mid 80s to 90s

22. Tell us one weird fact about yourself! I have a birthmark on my arm shaped like Africa.

OK: for these, I have to post another day.. DH's b-day is today and I am running late.
Favoritesfavorite painting/picture(link):

Candy:
Food:
Drink:
Movie(s):
TV Show(s):
Book(s):
Guilty Pleasure(s):

1 comment:

bockstark.knits said...

Don't forget to finish filling out the faves section!

Glad to have you as part of the HHHH!