Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fire update; SP 12 Question of the Week & Swap updates.













Here are two pictures from our back deck - one is a view of our new bulldozed fire break, the other is of the nice CDF guys clearing brush....YOu can't really tell in the picture, but the yard is rather steep. the white blob in the one picture is a bag of fleece that was on the lower back deck.. Crazy, hu??

Here are the questions of the week for SP 12:

1) Where is your favorite place to go for vacation/holiday?

A: My favorite place to go for a holiday is to stay home. For vacation - just about any place!! I am not much of a world traveler. I've been to Canada as a kid - does that count?? I've been to Nevada - lots - we go to Reno several times a year - sometimes twice in one month!!

2) Where is one place you'd like to go?



A: I was just talking to DH about this - I'd really like to go to Canada as an adult. I have a sister there - and I hear Victoria is beautiful. I'd like to visit all 50 states - ok, Alaksa and Hawaii too. How fun would it be to visit all state parks - yellowstone, yosemite, etc etc. I don't camp, but the natural beauty of it would be grand!! I love a good museum - so a visit to famous museums would be fun too. I'll be near San Fransisco in August, so I think we'll make a detour to see the blown glass exhibit at the newly remodeled de Young in golden gate park. and, while I don't particularly like the concept of zoos, I see the benefit of preserving some animals.. So, i'd like to visit some zoos too. I've been to the SF zoo and when my sister was stationed in Germany (about 20+ years ago) she send me pictures of big pigs.








Did I already say my Hush Hush Handspun Hootenanny swap buddy is outside the US?? I've exchanged some emails and have an idea on this one time swap package. I've got the fiber to send, now to spin my 4oz for her... and I printed out some stuff from the blog of my SP12 buddy. I'll either go to a LYS this weekend or do some internet shopping.. she gave me some great ideas on stuff she "needs" - LOL - like we all "need" more yarn.

2 comments:

bockstark.knits said...

My favorite place is to stay home too!! :)

Heather said...

dont you love blue skies?
i wish i could be at my new house more.