Friday, July 18, 2008

SP 12 Question & Knitting updates

SP 12:

1. What is your favorite type of project to take along on holiday/vacation?

A: Usually socks - or something that will end up being felted...so that if I screw up, it won't be noticed!! Fussy knitting is better left at home. Socks are good because they are small and can be worked on in an airplane.

2. Tell a story about a time you packed too much knitting or were stranded without knitting.

A: I can't recall the specifics, but I have been "without sticks" a time or two. I get twitchy. What a waste, to be sitting in an airport or where ever and know that you could be getting a few rows done. I think my "worst" story is knitting socks waiting for a plane, listening to a Lime and Violoet podcast, I guess I was laughing and when I'd tell my DH something, he'd look at me funny and say "you need to use your inside voice" - I've started some nice conversations with folks asking me about my knitting. The best "dumbest" was a lady asking me if I was crocheting. That's not the stupid part, the stupid part was when she said she had justed learned to crochet. OK, so lets think: you had ONE hook when you crocheted and I have 4 little pointy sticks.. do the math woman!! Sheez, I should not be a snot head about it, but it just struck me as a lame question... could have been she was trying to break the ice... we had a nice visit during our flight, but turns out based on our little visit, she was probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer to begin with.. lovely lady, just not bright. Probably safer that she does not knit - I could predict ER visits with her!! LOL.

No comments: